Wednesday 4 May 2016

Audible Book Review - Death Weavers by Brandon Mull, Five Kingdoms book four

As my new credit is coming today (can't wait) I should review the book I got with my last one. I've enjoyed the Five Kingdom books by Mull. I re-listened to Crystal Keepers in preparation to getting Death Weavers and enjoyed getting back into the world (or worlds). Death Weavers was a good read and I like the way that Mull is weaving his worlds together. Here is a link to Audible page for the book. We learn more about The Outskirts in this book then we ever did in any of the others. It sets up the challenges of the final conflict we'll see in the last book. Keith Nobbs continues to narrate the series and continues to do a good job. I'm looking forward to the last book.

Plot: Cole, Mira, and the rest of the crew has entered Necronum in search of two of Mira's sisters who have come under duress there. Necronum's shaping is centered on death and all of the mysteries associated with it. In Necronum ghosts, called echos, can be seen and can even act in certain situations. Their search takes them from caves where memories dwell to literally the other side of death. Cole is forced to make some hard decisions and he embarks on a journey across the lands of the hereafter. There he will meet new allies and enemies and learns what must be done if he is ever to return home to stay. You can expect nothing less when you set out to find Destiny.

My personal favorites: The question of destiny was a great one. I loved the questions that faced the characters and the decisions they had to make. The new and newly re-acquainted companions were a lot of fun. As previously mentioned, I like how Mull is weaving together his worlds of his books.

Considerations: Like the others, there was nothing of concern for young adults in this book. Non-graphic violence, no sensuality of any kind. Mull writes to his audience's level very well.

It's always hard to review a book in the middle of the series without giving away spoilers. It makes for short reviews. I enjoyed Death Weavers and am awaiting the final book, curious to see what Mull has in mind. The total length was 13 and half hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment